A while back I had the pleasure of speaking with Steve Shihadeh, vice president, Microsoft Health Solutions Group and we talked about the varied solutions of Amalga and HealthVault. It looks like there’s a star studded group of healthcare speakers lined up for the meeting.
Here are a few posts from not too long ago that speak of some of the other items that could be on the agenda, like the Common User Interface, would this not be every doctor’s dream to only have to learn one set of screens for data input instead of many if on staff at more than one hospital. I spoke with one individual that had to learn 5 different systems to complete his internship! The Common User Interface has some nice Silverlight effects too, making it easier to switch back and forth to different areas of a medical chart.
Information and sign up can be found at the link below or click on the image to the right. For information on Personal Health Records I have a section now devoted to information on PHRs. BD
The Microsoft Health Solutions Group would like to invite you to the Microsoft Connected Health Conference, held on June 10-12, 2009 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, WA.
The theme of this year's event is "connected health" and will focus on the importance of liberating data across the entire healthcare system and connecting the ecosystem entities. This empowers organizations to drive a higher level of care and individuals to better manage their health.
The Microsoft Connected Health Conference will be an event rich in compelling content delivered via visionary keynotes, customer panels, practical business and technical sessions, and networking opportunities. You will have the opportunity to interact with Microsoft executives and key leaders representing the entire health ecosystem: hospitals, health plans, application providers, device manufacturers, healthcare associations, and government agencies.
Our agenda features esteemed keynote speakers:
You will also be able to experience how technology can help shape the future of healthcare by attending the HealthVault™ Solution Provider exhibits.
- David C. Kibbe, M.D., M.B.A. - Senior Advisor, American Academy of Family Physicians; Chair, ASTM International E31Technical Committee on Healthcare Informatics; Principal, The Kibbe Group LLC
- Governor Michael Leavitt, Secretary of Health and Human Services (2005-2009) and Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency (2003-2005)
- Uwe E. Reinhardt, Ph.D. - James Madison Professor of Political Economy and Professor of Economics, Princeton University
- Mark D. Smith, M.D., M.B.A. - President and CEO of the California HealthCare Foundation
- Peter Neupert, Corporate Vice President, Health Solutions Group, Microsoft Corporation
June 10, 2009 | Microsoft Connected Health Conference – PRE-DAY
June 11-12, 2009 | Microsoft Connected Health Conference
Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue, WA