When I first read this I thought, yuk but when you get further into it, its maybe not that bad.  It was designed  by gastroenterologists and has gone through clinical trials and they are hoping for an FDA approval.  imageRight now you can diet, have your mouth wired shut or opt for bariatric surgery to have your stomach shrunk or have a band put in place.  The Aspire-Assist received the European CE Mark recently. It is less expensive than having surgery and the tube can be placed on an out patient basis.  It can be removed at any time. When you watch the video you clean out anything in your stomach and you have to be near the toilet.  It attaches right to the tube that is placed during the procedure in your stomach.  What if one had alcohol?  I guess that would dump too if it were still there.  Some foods could have issues if they are not chewed enough to I would guess. 



You fill it with water so that is what does the flushing.  When yo uwatch the video, down the the toilet it goes.  I would image that this goes along with changing eating habits as well.  For short term it looks ok but how many years does one want the tube and pumping and dumping.  I would say just doing the procedure itself once the novelty wears off is a good incentive right there to think about one’s eating habits.  It looks like it sure beats throwing up with putting your fingers down your throat though:)  BD 

The AspireAssist gives patients control over their weight loss by a method known as Aspiration Therapy. With Aspiration Therapy, patients “aspirate” (drain) a portion of their stomach contents after each meal through an endoscopically-implanted tube, reducing the number of calories absorbed by the body. The tube is implanted in the stomach, and leads to a small, low-profile port at the surface of the skin. Aspiration performed about twenty minutes after a meal will remove about a third of the calories consumed. The AspireAssist is used in conjunction with a lifestyle modification program, and requires careful and comprehensive medical monitoring.

The AspireAssist Aspiration Therapy System received CE mark approval in December 2011 to market in the European Union, and is now commercially available in selected regions in Europe and beyond.

After the skin has healed around the tube (about 10 days), the physician will attach a Skin-Port to the end of the A-Tube outside the body. This takes about 5 minutes and can be done in the doctor’s office. The Skin-Port is discreet, about the size of a poker chip, and sits relatively flush against the skin. Once the Skin-Port is installed, the patient can begin aspirating and losing weight immediately.

http://www.aspirebariatrics.com/overview.html

2 comments :

  1. You may loose weight, but your food bills will increase. Additionaly, your not solving the root cause for obesity which is not getting the proper vitamins & minerals your body needs. Not a good idea at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would food bills increase? This device is another potential tool in an arsenal looking for helping everyone who wants to lose weight to succeed. I konw holier-than-thou types (hint, hint) who object to the way I succeeded in losing weight, and I say "ppphhtttt!". Whatever WORKS for you is the right thing.It wasn't this, but it had the same affect of reducing my calorie intake enough to cause weight loss. I can only eat around 450-500 calories per day, that is all my body burns. Would you enjoy that caloric intake? No? Hmm. Then why should I have to? I exercised for 6-8 hours, ate one carefully measured and calorie-counted meal per day, and took a medicine that worked until I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I then continued the exercise (Tai-bo which was popular at the time, elliptical machine for a couple of hours or more if I had the time, and walking at work in place of meals). I felt I had energy for the first time in my life. Now, sadly, since I gained weight with pregnancy no doctor will help with the medicine that helped get it started (no it is not banned), and we relocated. My doctor here is all about the "commercially available" programs, which are 100% ineffective for me. Nothing has worked for me again. Trying to keep my calories in a weight loss mode makes me fiercely uncomfortable and gives me severe shakes, exercise drives me to bed with fatigue that feels like the flu...and yes, I have been tested for metabolic and other items.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative