This was sent to me and I thought worth sharing, new ideas that I had not thought of. The hair thing sounds good to me and know a couple folks that could certainly benefit from a foot soak with vodka too.
The toothache was the first use of this sort I had heard of. I guess if all else fails you can drink it (grin). Not too long ago there was a case where vodka did save a life through a drip too. BD
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The stuff dissolves adhesive.
2. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores. (this does not apply to teens)
3. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
4. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.
5. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
6. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
7. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
8. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
9. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.