I am sure there’s more to come here. What is somewhat funny is the mother stating she wants to breast feed the babies, with 8 that might not leave her much time for anything else. Will be interesting to hear as well what method of fertilization was used, natural,( probably not) or one of several other methods that could have been used. One thing for sure, everyone had their act together for the birth. BD
Call it a big baby boom: the octuplets born to a Southern California woman all arrived in a frantic five-minute span.
That's one baby about every 36 seconds.
"We were all very excited because it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the whole staff," Dr. Veena Manchanda, an athesiologist who was among the team at Kaiser Permanente in Bellflower, Calif., for the delivery Monday.
The mother has not been identified, nor have the babies names, but the timeline went like this:
• Baby 1: 10:43 a.m., a boy weighing 2 pounds, 11 ounces
• Baby 2: 10:44 a.m., a girl weighing 2 lbs., 12 oz.
• Baby 3: 10:45 a.m., a boy weighing 3 lbs., 4 oz.
• Baby 4: 10:45 a.m., a girl weighing 2 lbs., 8 oz.
• Baby 5: 10:46 a.m., a boy weighing 1 lb., 8 oz.
• Baby 6: 10:47 a.m., a boy weighing 2 lbs, 12 oz.
• Baby 7: 10:47 a.m., a boy weighing 1 lb., 15 oz.
• Baby 8: 10:48 a.m., a boy weighing 2 lbs. 11 oz.