The number gets a bit smaller each year as integration steps in as a priority. What I found interesting though is that 2 are pending an installation at a physician’s office? Usually a developer works with a Beta application first to ensure that it is in fact working and has feedback from the physicians actually using the software, something I learned a long time ago as a programmer might think they have the best application going, but it needs to be in the hands of the end use to really be assessed, so the pre-certification I would say would really not mean a whole lot until a system is installed. BD
he Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology, Chicago, has certified 10 ambulatory care electronic health record products based on its new 2008 criteria. Some vendors received optional extra certification for child health and cardiovascular medicine.
The new 2008 criteria for EHRs used in physician practices added 19 requirements to the 200 included in the 2007 standards. The new criteria focused on the ability to exchange patient information with other systems.
Eight products that received full accreditation are:
* Community Computer Service Inc., MEDENT, version 18, additionally certified for child health;
* eClinicalWorks for its version 8, additionally certified for child health;
* Epic Systems Corp., EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, version spring 2008, additionally certified for child health;
* Greenway Medical Technologies Inc., PrimeSuite, Version 2008, additionally certified for child health and cardiovascular medicine;
* McKesson Provider Technologies, Practice Partner version 9.3, additionally certified for child health;
* MedLink International Inc., MedLink TotalOffice, version 3.1;
* MedPlexus Inc., MedPlexus EHR version 9.2, additionally certified for child health; and
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems Inc., NextGen EMR, version 5.5.27, additionally certified for child health and cardiovascular medicine.
Two products received pre-market conditional certification and will be fully certified once they are in use at a physician office. They are:
* Pulse Systems, Pulse Patient Relationship Management, version 4.1
* VIP Medicine LLC, SmartClinic, version 16