If you came here looking for yet another earth shattering video that promises to “change your life”, well this is not it:)  We have enough of those out there today and Dan asked me to have an informal chat just to talk about healthcare technologies and get my input.  I try do talk “realities” and not paint a picture of the next greatest thing here.  Actually I tend to think it gets a bit overimage done on the web and I know I get a steady diet of it and yeah some of it really gets old. I think I pretty much try to land myself in the “real” world versus so much of “virtual” values we see out there today as all virtual values don’t work in the real world.  I like software and what it can do to help make me smarter relative to better decisions and efficiencies for sure, otherwise I would not have been a developer.  I made a choice to leave writing code a few years back as I figured out that I want a “little” life back as it is life consuming at times and that’s all you end up thinking about, as the pressure can be phenomenal. 

I think we live a little bit “too virtual” today and that seems to be the root of a lot of issues out there and a more “common sense” look at things can help.  We have a bit of sensationalism out there with media looking for new revenue stream to replaced lost revenue but there’s still good news out there too but some of the “click baits” gets mixed in there too and after a steady diet of some of this your view on reality gets distorted a bit.  Bottom line here is that “people don’t work that way” and we are starting to see a lot of “failed models” out there. 

“People Don’t Work That Way” A World of Broken Software Models That Don’t Align To the Human Side,Too Much Push At Times With Only A Proof of Concept That Fails in the Real World..

I wrote about that a while back and called it “The Grays”, this unwanted phenomena and so far haven’t had anyone disagree:)  We have become a nation of “Stat Rats” as I call it to where goals, numbers, etc. take over and while we need to measure and need some of this data, it does get over done.  Just because the government releases data for viewing, does that mean you need it?  How important is it?  Does it impact you directly?  I love the folks that pound into my head that I need to be doing “wearables” over and over on the web and 90% of those folks that keep telling me that don’t use of the products themselves (grin).  If you counter and say you question privacy with the devices and apps, some come back with an argument that you are wrong and then you end up withimage this “entirely virtual debate” that goes nowhere as neither party “really” uses some of those products:)  Sometimes you end up with “Quantitated Justifications” for things that are just not true and see video number one in my footer for more on that topic. 

I don’t know about you but I try to give that focus and ask that question a lot anymore to keep the “fluff” out from distracting me too much.  At times we all behave like “magpies” just repeating statistics to each other over and over and it may not be something that has any direct impact on our lives at all but is’ been a “conditioning” process.  Here’s what I sad about “The Grays” a few weeks ago…

Virtual Worlds, Real World We Have A Problem And It’s A Big One With A Lot of Gray Areas Finding Where The Defining Lines Exist, Confusing Many With A Lot of Weird Values And Strange Perceptions…

So here’s Dan and myself having an “off the cuff” chat as he managed to pull me into the YouTube Video world for about 30 minutes…again I’m telling you upfront, this is not going to change your life as you know it (grin) but rather give you some idea of how others think as we are not all the same.

One last thought here too if you have been following the news on the VA, and you almost can’t miss it, I see that as the big root of their culture issues there too as the goals and states have been pounded into their heads for years and this is not making an excuse for any of what occurred, but I feel they too got too wrapped up in the “virtual” world and lost track with the “real” world out there..very sad indeed.  We need to do a little better out there than being “Stat Rats” and “Magpies” and not lose our focus and realize how we all get duped from time to time, as the Killer Algorithms do exist and can fool you.  BD 

VA Crisis Should Be A Huge Wake Up Call , We Have Turned Into a Nation of “Stat Rats”, Losing Touch With the “Real” World As Virtual Values Confuse, Collide and Wreak Havoc As Models & Formulas Fail

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative